Friday, November 18, 2011

Holiday Lattes


I heart the holidays!  It awakens all my senses.  The colors, the smells, the flavors…just yummy!

I know the holidays have officially arrived when my favorite latte flavors show up at Starbucks....This year, I have traded in my latte budget for baby formula - I’m happy to do it!  

But I don’t have to sacrifice one of my favorite parts of the season.  I searched the internet and found some wonderful holiday latte recipes.  It also helps that they are easy on the budget!

Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte (from Recipe Girl)
makes one serving

Ingredients:
1 cup hot brewed, strong coffee
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons half & half cream
1 teaspoon granulated white sugar, or more to taste
whipped cream, optional
ground nutmeg

Directions:
1. In a glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, spice and vanilla. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes- watch closely and remove it from the microwave when the milk is hot and frothy.
2. Pour the pumpkin milk into a tall mug or glass. Add hot coffee. Pour in the cream. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Stir, and taste. Add more sugar, if desired.
3. Optional, but oh so good... add whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Serve immediately!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eggnog Latte (from Savory Sweet Life)
eggnoglatte1
makes one serving

Ingredients:
2 shots espresso OR 1/2 cup of double/triple concentrated coffee
2/3 cup eggnog
1/3 cup milk
sugar
*optional whipped cream and nutmeg

Directions:

Pour espresso/concentrated coffee into a mug and add steamed eggnog/milk mixture. If you prefer your eggnog latte sweeter, add a little sugar. Top off with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg. Happy Holidays -Enjoy!
*If you don’t have an espresso machine, do what I do most often. Just warm your eggnog/milk mixture in the microwave. Cook times may vary but I prefer heating mine for 2 minutes.

Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment