Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oven Baked Chili Hot Dogs


In my house, hot dogs are a staple.  They serve as a quick lunch, an afternoon snack or an easy meal in a pinch.  We’ve covered them in corn meal, topped them with slaw or mixed them with beans...we grill them, pan-fry them, boil them and even cook them in the microwave, but we have NEVER thought to cook them in the oven!!  Who knew that you could make delicious chili-cheese dogs in the oven?


Oven Baked Chili Hot Dogs (adapted from Sunshine and Bones
Ingredients:
8 hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
1 can of chili
Cheddar Cheese
Mayonnaise
Mustard
Relish (I used sweet relish)


Directions:
 ~ Preheat oven to 350 degrees
 ~ Line the inside of a baking pan
 ~ Spread mayo, relish and mustard on the inside of the hot dog bun
 ~ Fill bun with hot dog and squeeze into a pan
 ~ Top the hot dogs with chili and cheese
 ~ Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes
 ~ Remove from oven and ENJOY!

By the way, I ate these with my hands!  Oh AND I licked my fingers...

Stay Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. These were a HUGE hit with my family. Love it and it is now a regular in our meal rotation! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete